Sir Roger Norrington
For nearly fifty years Roger Norrington has been at the forefront of the movement for historically informed orchestral playing. Whether with his own London Classical Players in the 1980s or with his Stuttgart Radio Symphony or Camerata Salzburg in recent years, he has sought to put modern players in touch with the historical style of the music they play.
He is a regular guest with many of the worlds major orchestras Berlin Philharmonic, Vienna Philharmonic, Leipzig Gewandhaus, the Concertgebouw Orkest, London Philharmonic, Philharmonia, Philadelphia orchestra and many more.
More permanent posts have included:
● Chief Conductor, Bournemouth Sinfonietta
● Music Director, Orchestra of St Lukes in New York
● Chief Conductor, Salzburg Camerata
● Chief Conductor, Stuttgart Radio Symphony Orchestra
● Principal Conductor, Zurich Chamber Orchestra